Prompts:

Dec. 3rd, 2011-- UPDATED CHALLENGES!

THE CRIT BLOG IS BACK AND IN FULL FORCE!

Love creating artwork but you can't find that extra-little push you need to get going? Looking for a community of artists to share your progress with? Want to press your foundations and aesthetic choices to the max?

Look no further! Open Crits is now a WEEKLY DESIGN CHALLENGE that will push you to get back to your foundations to enforce well-rounded drawings. All artists are welcomed, though for now the assignments will be geared more toward animation-themed work.



Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"I'll fly away"

this is something i've been wanting feed back on for a while, its just a reaction to one of my favorite hymns "I'll Fly Away" it kind of reminds me of the very childlike desire, to fly away from everything and everyone.

i have some little details left to do, such as, im toying with making the papers under his arms, sheet music and maybe adding some tape between the pages. What do yall think?

Here are the lyrics

Some glad morning when this life is o'er,
I'll fly away;
To a home on God's celestial shore,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

[Chorus]
I'll fly away, Oh Glory
I'll fly away; (in the morning)
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

When the shadows of this life have gone,
I'll fly away;
Like a bird from prison bars has flown,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away)

[Chorus]
I'll fly away, Oh Glory
I'll fly away; (in the morning)
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

Just a few more weary days and then,
I'll fly away;
To a land where joy shall never end,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away)

[Chorus]
I'll fly away, Oh Glory
I'll fly away; (in the morning)
When I die, Hallelujah, by and by,
I'll fly away (I'll fly away).

and a youtube video if you want to hear it.

1 comment:

  1. First off-- I loved the overall layout of this page the instant I saw it. It absolutely gives a feeling of open-ness and freedom, with all that space above the character. I really like this piece, and the character himself is endearing, in a way, though also absolutely giggle-worthy in those underpants.

    The only part that I struggled with were the paper-wings, in that my eye kept being unable to focus on them. I think they may be a little too similar in color, but that could be just me.

    =D Glad to see your work!!!

    ReplyDelete