There will be sets of challenges to come, focusing on specific goals to "retrain" yourself or simply keep yourself limber, in a drawing sense. The major focus of the next few weeks will be on Life drawing, pushing drawing volume and weight in forms, and loosening up the way you draw-- Getting away from "Classical standards" than can freeze up your drawing senses.
LIFE DRAWING CHALLENGE: WEEK 1
Let's start out a little simpler, getting those muscles working. Your task: Life draw/ figure draw everyday this week, filling up at LEAST one page for each day. 3 figures a page MINIMUM.
Criteria to remember in your drawings:
- Full bodies
- DON'T hide hands and Feet
- DON'T draw any figure for longer than 3 minutes-- these are GESTURES
- Focus on the feeling of the pose-- Action words/verbs are great to use to get a sense.
- No "head shots" --again, Full bodies!
- Clothing is optional-- Life draw/ figure draw wherever. In class or out of Class, but no pornography.
- Allow yourself to exaggerate proportions
- Don't be precious with your drawings-- put down lines quickly
- Color is allowed, but keep things simple for now
IMPORTANT NOTE::: In the HEADER of your blogpost, please mark crit-welcomed posts with a "C" (crits) and non-welcomed posts with a "NC" (no-crits)
RESOURCES/ INSPIRATIONAL IMAGERY:
For those of us who ABSOLUTELY cannot get out and find a living human being Anywhere withing a 100 mile radius: http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/index.php